Micro Bird G5
Blue Bird was first to market electric school buses in 1994. With advances in battery technology, we can now offer efficient and affordable electric-powered buses.
|A green solution||Considerable reduction in greenhouse gas emission|
|Reduced maintenance and costs||Electric powertrain requires significantly less maintenance than combustion engines|
|Temperature control||Thermal management for better performance in any weather condition|
Submit your review
Features and benefits
BUILT TO LAST STRUCTURE
- 6 longitudinal structural beams combined with one-piece galvanized steel roof bows enhance safety and roll over protection.
- The full-length, heavy gauge, galvanized steel side impact barriers with reinforced seat rail offer superior protection from side impact intrusions.
- Aluminum Side Body panels for longevity and low repair costs
ENHANCED PASSENGER SAFETY
- Heavy gauge, galvanized steel side impact barriers that incorporate the seat rail into the design for extra strength.
- Reinforced rear door and buffer zone for rear impact barrier
SUPERIOR SIDE IMPACT PROTECTION
- Offered by the use of heavy-gauge steel side impact barriers that incorporate the seat rail into the design for extra strength and enhanced passenger safety.
REDUCED OPERATING MAINTENANCE & OPERATING COSTS
- Gravel sheild added body protection and increased vehicle longevity
- Standard LED lights
Double action energy absorbing body mounting blocks:
- Absorb road vibration
- Reduce noise transfer to the interior cabin
- Provide smoother passenger ride
- Prevent frame collapse
- Eliminate the need for periodic tightening of body bolts
- Provides a fully-glassed entrance door and unobstructed “More-View” window
- Standard 32″ electric double-opening door.
SUPERIOR INSULATION AND QUIETNESS
- Fiberglass insulation throughout
- Insulated hat shaped roof bows
- Reduce noise transfer into passenger compartment
- Prevent condensation and corrosion
REDUCED OPERATING & MAINTENANCE COSTS
- Standard LED exterior lights
INCREASED PASSENGER COMFORT
Extra Wide Body:
- Creates wider aisle for increased safety
- Offers more room for passengers
- 93″ interior width at the hip
BETTER PROTECTION AGAINST THE ELEMENT
Completely sealed floor:
- Ensures that all exterior elements, including dust, moisture and noise, remain outside the passenger compartment
- Use of high quality exterior grade plywood
- screwed on galvanized steel or aluminum subfloor
- Sound deadening undercoating is applied to metal subfloor over and above prior to plywood installation
|Range||Approximately 100 miles|
|Full charge time||7 hours (On a level 2 charger)|
|Exterior lenght overall||283″|
|Exterior width overall||96″|
|Exterior height overall||113″|
|Interior width at hip||93″|
|Interior height at center line||76″|
For a period of five (5) years/100,000 kilometers or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first from date of delivery of the vehicle to the original user, Micro Bird Inc. warrants the:
a. Body structure (those structural metal components welded or riveted together forming floor, side walls, roof, front and rear sections) to be free from defects in structural integrity (i.e. breakage or cracking) including rust-through. Proof of undercoating maintenance will be required for rust through claims. If lack of undercoating is the cause of the rust issue, the warranty will not apply.
For a period of five (5) years/100,000 kilometers or 60,000 miles, whichever occurs first from date of delivery of the vehicle to the original user, Micro Bird Inc warrants the:
a. Battery performance to be maintained average eighty percent (80%) of initial battery’s capacity.
b. Electric Vehicle (EV) system: Motor, Inverter unit, VCM, reduction gear, DC/DC converter, Onboard charger, Onboard charger connector, charge cable.
For a period of one (1) year/20,000 kilometers or 12,000 miles, whichever occurs first from date of delivery of the vehicle to the original user, Micro Bird Inc. warrants the:
a. Parts on a Micro Bird by Girardin other than chassis parts.
b. Accessories, or components, except those having their own separate warranty and/or those accessories or components listed under the section Exclusions